What is our policy?
Digsite is committed to protecting the privacy of its users and to ensuring that the information we gather from you will be secure and confidential. We protect your privacy by limiting access to and use of personal information. In addition, we take measures to protect all customer data against unauthorized access.
Data Controller, Data Protection Officer, and Representative
Children Under the Age of 16
Our site is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on our sites or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us through the contact information below.
Our site may automatically record some general information about your visit, which we use for statistical analysis to help make our site more useful to visitors. This information might include the: Internet domain for your Internet service provider, such as ‘company.com’ or ‘service.ca’ and the IP address of the computer accessing the website; type of browser you are using, such as Internet Explorer or Firefox; type of operating system you are using, such as Windows or Mac OS; date and time you visit our site and web pages that you visit on our site, along with the address of the previous website you were visiting, if you linked to us from another website.
We also use “cookies” that identify you as a return visitor and which can help us tailor information to suit your individual preferences. A cookie is a piece of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store the cookie on your hard drive. The goal is to save you time and provide you with a more meaningful visit, and to measure website activity. Cookies themselves do not contain any personally identifying information. Many browsers, however, allow you to disable cookie collection if you wish, or inform you when a cookie is being stored on your hard drive. Periodically our site may allow the use of third party cookies or similar technologies to measure the effectiveness of our marketing programs and website.
We use Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Digsite collects personal and other information when you register on our site, when you request additional information or as a result of your participation in our programs and sponsored projects. Specifically, we collect your name, email address, phone number, and address. We may also collect information from you in survey responses. You may also optionally provide additional information to us in the form of photos and videos that you upload and other information that you choose to publish to our our site. The collection of such information assists in the review of existing and the development of new products and services and other process enhancements. No payment information is collected.
The personal information we collect from you is required to enter into a contract with Digsite, for Digsite to perform under the contract, and to provide you with our products and services. If you do not consent to provide us with such personal information or withdraw your consent to our processing of personal information then, in some cases, we may not be able to enter into the contract or fulfill our obligations to you under it.
We do not ask you to provide, and we do not knowingly collect, any special categories of personal information from you.
Use of your personal information
We use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Present our site and its contents to you;
- Provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- Provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Notify you about changes to our site or any products and services we offer or provide through it;
We may also use the information in other ways that we may describe to you when you provide the information or for any other purpose with your consent.
Sharing of your personal information
Some or all data collected during a program or sponsored project may be shared with the sponsor. You can decide not to participate in the program or sponsored project if you do not want your data to be shared. Even after providing consent, you may change your mind and request that your data be deleted.
Sponsors: Digsite may disclose your personal information to sponsors of the particular program or sponsored project you participated in. By participating in such program or other type of sponsored project, you give Digsite permission to transfer your personal information and other information collected during your participation to such sponsor.
Business Partners: Digsite may also disclose your personal information to third-party agents or business partners who perform functions on our behalf. We enter into written agreements with these agents and business partners requiring them to limit the use of the personal information they receive, maintain its confidentiality, and provide an adequate level of security for it. Under certain circumstances, we may remain liable for the acts of these third party agents or business partners for their handling of the personal information that we transfer to them.
Aggregated Data: Digsite may share aggregated data and user statics with our business partners, sponsors, and other third parties in order to describe our services to our customers, prospective customers and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes. Aggregated data does not include personal information.
Other: Digsite may also disclose personal information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating Digsite’s Terms and Conditions or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Digsite’s rights or property, other Digsite users or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. Digsite may disclose or access account information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it and for administrative and other purposes that we deem necessary to maintain, service and improve our products and services. In addition, in the event of sale, transfer or assignment of a majority of the shares or assets of the legal entities owning and operating Digsite, or in the event of a bankruptcy or other similar event, you agree that your personal information and data may be transferred or assigned to such new owners or receivers of Digsite.
Digsite communities are private. However, any personal information that you post online will be displayed to that community.
If we share your information and/or allow it to be collected and/or maintained by any company other than Digsite, the use of your data and personal information will be governed by appropriate confidentiality and security agreements between Digsite and such third parties.
Lawful basis for processing personal information
If you are in the European Union, the processing of your personal information is lawful only if it is permitted under the applicable data protection laws. We have a lawful basis for each of our processing activities:
- Legitimate Interests. We will process your personal information as necessary for our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests are balanced against your rights and freedoms and we do not process your personal information if your rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. Specifically, our legitimate interests are to: using your contact information in order to facilitate communication between digsite or our partners and sponsors of the program you participate in and you; logging certain information about your use of our sites, including IP address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exist pages, operating system, date/time stamp, error information (if any), and/or clickstream data to detect and correct bugs and to improve our site; safeguard our IT infrastructure and intellectual property by using the information described earlier for intrusion detection purposes; detect and prevent fraud and other crime; promote our business by using your email or other contact information;
- As Required by Law. We may also process your personal information when we are required or permitted to by law; to comply with government inspection, audits, and other valid requests from government or other public authorities; to respond to legal process such as subpoenas; or as necessary for us to protect our interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies (for instance, when necessary to prevent or detect fraud, attacks against our network, or other criminal and tortious activities), defend litigation, and manage complaints or claims.
Automated decision making
Digsite does not use your personal information with any automated decision making process.
Your rights regarding your information and accessing and correcting your information
- Applicable data protection laws may provide you with certain rights with regards to our processing of your personal information.
- Access and Update. You can review and change your personal information by logging into the site and visiting your “Account” page. You may also notify us through the contact information below of any changes or errors in any personal information we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible. We may also not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal information under certain circumstances. In particular, you can request we restrict our use of it if you contest its accuracy, if the processing of your personal information is determined to be unlawful, or if we no longer need your personal information for processing, but we have retained it as permitted by law.
- To the extent the personal information you provide Digsite is processed based on your consent, you have the right to request that we provide you a copy of, or access to, all or part of such personal information in structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to request that we transmit this personal information to another controller, when technically feasible.
- Withdrawal of Consent. To the extent that our processing of your personal information is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time by closing your account. Withdrawing your consent will not, however, affect the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal, and will not affect the lawfulness of our continued processing that is based on any other lawful basis for processing your personal information.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority in the country you live in, the country you work in, or the country where you believe your rights under applicable data protection laws have been violated. However, before doing so, we request that you contact us directly in order to give us an opportunity to work directly with you to resolve any concerns about your privacy.
- How You May Exercise Your Rights. You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting us through any of the methods below. If you contact us to exercise any of the foregoing rights, we may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. We reserve the right to limit or deny your request if you have failed to provide sufficient information to verify your identity or to satisfy our legal and business requirements.
This policy discloses the privacy practices for our website. However, our site contains links to other sites. Once you link to another site, you are subject to the privacy and security policies of the new site. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of all websites you visit.
Do not track signals
We may use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and other online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals and we do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such signal is broadcast or received.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits minors under the age of 18 to request the removal of certain social media posted by you on our site (for example, photos and videos), subject to certain exceptions. If you are under the age of 18 in California, you may contact us using the contact information below (if you contact us via email, please use the subject “California Eraser Law Request”). We may not remove your social media posts that we are required to retain under any federal or state law, or that have been provided to a third party. While we will do our best to remove a minor’s information upon a valid request, we cannot ensure the complete or comprehensive removal of your social media posts from our sites or any information that has been republished, copied, downloaded, or reposted by any third party, and we cannot guarantee that any such information may not be accessible to users of the Internet in the future. We do not advertise or market, or do we allow our sponsors to advertise or market, any of the products or services identified in California Business and Professionals Code Section 22580(i) to users who we have actual knowledge are under 18 years of age.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the sites like Digsite communities. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the site.
Data retention periods
Digsite will retain your personal information for the entire time that you keep your account open. After you close your account, we may retain your personal information:
- For as long as necessary to comply with any legal requirements;
- On our backup and disaster recovery systems in accordance with our backup and disaster recovery policies and procedures;
- For as long as necessary to protect our legal interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies; and
- For data that has been aggregated or otherwise rendered anonymous in such a manner that you are no longer identifiable, indefinitely.
Consent to processing of personal information in other countries outside the European Economic Area
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), in order to provide our sites, products, and services to you, we may send and store your personal information outside of the EEA, including to the United States. Accordingly, your personal information may be transferred outside the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide an adequate level of protection for your personal information.
Your personal information is transferred by Digsite to another country only if it is required or permitted under applicable data protection law and provided that there are appropriate safeguards in place to protect your personal information. By using our site, you represent that you have read and understood the above and hereby consent to the storage and processing of personal information that you provide directly to us on our site.
Any more questions?
Digsite takes the issue of protecting your privacy seriously. If you have any concerns, questions, or just want to tell us what you think, feel free to contact us. You may contact us as the controller of your personal information directly at:
931 East Main Street
Madison, WI 53703 USA
Our Privacy Officer:
931 East Main Street
Madison, WI 53703 USA
EFFECTIVE DATE: May 25, 2018